Thursday, February 18, 2010

Continuation of Valentine day-2

NILMANI :
Keshav has well described that day but the climax happened when we were about to leave for our transit campus. I was carrying the bag containing copies, books and chalks. Many of the children were hoping that they will be getting something like coloured books, pens or something more shiny. In the end we decided not to distribute copies to everyone. Yeah. it was like having a minimum qualification to get those things. Like we gave it to them who atleast knew letters of alphabet. But, this created a great chaos, every child present their was running to get some copies. And we were defending our decision and obviously bags. Warnings like We will never come again or diplomatic sentences like next time you will also get it, you need to know something more to get these, etc.. semmed to have no effect. All of us trying very hard to defend our decision. As I was carrying the bag, those little angels attacked from all directions possible at that moment. I called for help from ankit and keshav. Somehow we decreased the size of crowd but one child got in such a way behind me that he followed till I gave him one copy. It was very good seeing observing their curiosity and enthusiasm for reading . I was really overwhelmed. This they we returned with a confident smile on our faces and undoubtedly our energy had increased despite working for 2 hours their.

one thing I would like to share. Don't laugh, try to get the deeper meaning of problem.
on the very first day,One kid had asked me" Bhaiya, are you married?". I asked "why are you asking so?". he replied "because you have got moustache and beards". I was awestruck what was their criteria to ask such a question. Its explanation I leave upon you. this question they have asked some more of my friends who are visiting that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment